This is a general hint!
Optivus agrammus has a harmful toxin.
As a rule, animals with a harmful poison do not pose any danger in normal Aquarieaner everyday life. Read the following husbandry information and comments from aquarists who already keep Optivus agrammus in their aquarium to get a better picture about the possible danger. However, please be careful when using Optivus agrammus. Every human reacts differently to poisons.
If you suspect that you have come into contact with the poison, please contact your doctor or the poison emergency call.
The phone number of the poison emergency call can be found here:
Overview Worldwide: eapcct.org
Optivus elongatus lives in shallower coastal waters with rocky reefs where it hides during the day in cracks, crevices and caves.
The study "Structure of cryptic reef fish assemblages: relationships with habitat characteristics andpredator density" by Trevor J. Willis and Marti J. Anderson also states that this species can be found in kelp forests and in rocky areas that have been completely eaten by sea urchins (Urchin bars).
Optivus elongatus is a nocturnal zooplankton hunter that swallows its prey (crustaceans and fish larvae) completely with its large mouth.
The animal releases a toxic white substance through pores in the skin as a defensive measure when it is captured.
Therefore this species should only be handled with gloves if possible.